Michael Page Finance are pleased to be working with a Bristol based charity to appoint a Corporate Governance Manager in to their team.
Michael Page Finance are pleased to be working with a Bristol based charity to appoint a Corporate Governance Manager in to their team. The charity is located in an accessible location in Bristol, with free parking available.
- In line with the Corporate Strategy and Sector Regulators, ensure that all governance activities including strategies, policies, procedures and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in place and regularly reviewed.
- Develop comprehensive action plans for all areas where a shortfall in governance arrangements is identified, ensuring that they are properly resourced and processes are managed to meet the required outcomes to achieve a G1 relulatory status.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to build greater awareness of developments in best practice for each of the regulatory sectors.
- Review and oversee the organisations approach to Risk Management in line with best practice in the sectors and ensuring this remains a live and accurate document with SMT.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness and clear risk ownership across the charity.
- Undertake a review of how the Board assesses its effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement.
- Providing independent expert advice and support to the SMT on all matters of corporate and charity governance, regulation, statutory and legislative compliance and interpretation.
- Advise on and support good governance to the Chair of Trustees and ensure that the Board and Committee members have had appropriate appraisals and professional Development.
- Monitor statutory and regulatory compliance and report findings, ensuring accurate compliance reporting to the Board
- Ensure Board and Committee agendas accurately reflect work and decisions that need to be discussed, including writing supporting papers and ensuring minutes accurately reflect the discussions and decisions made.
- Ensure all statutory returns, including to the Charity Commission, Companies House and Regulators.
- Manage our Internal Audit arrangements, ensuring audits are planned, managed and reported to the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Comprehensive experience in regulator's compliance standards, preferably RSH and have been through an In-Depth Assessment.
- Strong planning and organising skills, ideally with project management skills and/or qualifications.
- Experience of having worked in a multi-site operation with a variety of service models provided to people.
- Strong project management skills and previous experience of delivering on governance and compliance projects.
- A basic salary of £43,000
- Benefits package including holiday and pension
- Free parking.