Market Risk Analyst
Description of business unit
Group Market and Liquidity Risk (GMLR) is responsible for ensuring that the Group identifies, understands, and accurately measures market risk. The function reports to the Chief Risk Officer. Within GMLR, the Market Risk GM team is specifically responsible for oversight of traded market risk exposures.
GM is responsible for managing the interest rate and foreign exchange exposures of the Group and for execution of the Group's Funding & Liquidity strategy. GM also provides treasury risk and derivatives management products for a broad range of retail, corporate and institutional customers, and also engages in proprietary trading opportunities in fixed interest, foreign exchange and credit markets.
Market Risk GM plays a pivotal role in developing and maintaining the appropriate analytical tools, quantitative expertise and reporting processes required in order to ensure that the Group understands and can accurately measure and report the traded market risk to which GM is exposed. To do this, Market Risk uses VaR and stress-testing models, as well as derivative valuation techniques, and other models such as xVA.
Purpose of the Role
Provide support for the unit's market risk reporting function, utilising the unit's models and analytical tools to provide accurate measurement of traded market risk, and contributing to developments and enhancements of same.
- Support the daily process for the monitoring and reporting of market risk to Front Office, relevant risk committees and Group executives;
- Assist in the management and delivery of a robust daily market risk reporting process, across all aspects of the GM trading book;
- Maintain and develop tools to calculate market risk capital requirements, including regulatory CVA calculations;
- Contribute to the preparation of responses to market risk related regulatory requests;
- Contribute to management of the unit's operational risk monitoring processes;
- Contribute to controls and monitoring of the boundary between banking and trading books;
- Liaise with GM Front Office, Finance, IT and Operations to ensure robustness of risk measurement processes;
- Contribute to the maintenance, development and enhancement of market risk models including VaR, stress-testing, capital models, expected shortfall, and xVA;
- Assist in the administration of relevant market risk committees
- Third-level qualification in a financial, quantitative or related discipline;
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and/or VBA;
- Knowledge of key market risk concepts such as VaR, stress-testing and derivatives valuation models.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work with a team, driven to achieve a common objective;
- Excellent communication, presentation, inter-personal and relationship building skills;
- Highly motivated with an ability to work on own initiative when required;
- Strong problem solving skills, and growth mind-set.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a role relating to financial markets and derivatives;
- Experience of programming languages such as C++, R or equivalents
- Accountable: Self
- One Group One Team: Self
- Agile: Self
- Champion Transformation: Self
- Manage Risk : Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Aug 14, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.