Procurement Manager – Marketing & Brand
Reports to: Head of Procurement
Work Location: Dublin or Reading
Procurement play a key role in enabling Primark to deliver “Amazing Fashion at Amazing Prices” whilst supporting a significant store expansion programme and business transformation.
Procurement @ Primark look after “Goods not for resale” (GNFR) covering categories such as Marketing, Supply Chain, IT, Facilities Management, Retails Operations and Store Development.
Our team partners with the business to develop strategies to create competitive advantage for the business, with a focus on value creation, innovation and risk management.
The Procurement Manager is a senior role partnering with our marketing & brand function who have responsibility for all marketing, brand and communications activity (creative, influencers, digital etc) across new and existing markets.
Marketing - Brand, Visual Merchandising, Print
- Partner with the Primark Visual Merchandising teams and brand teams to ensure that we have the right suppliers in place that deliver the right quality at the right price.
- Develop Category plans with Visual Merchandising and brand teams
- Represent the category on relevant strategy development and planning forums
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring business alignment on critical objectives
- Identify risks to existing Primark supply lines and mitigate by sourcing alternative supplies.
- Identify opportunities for costs savings and work with the internal customers to get buy-in to savings targets and deliver and report against cost savings.
- Ensure Visual Merchandising, brand and store development teams are aligned on project roll out.
- Provide market intelligence and market sourcing research for internal customers with
- recommendations on local versus global sourcing opportunities.
- Agree and include KPIs and SLAs in all contracts and attend review meetings as appropriate.
- Review and critically appraise Supplier Relationship Management strategy for the category
- Anticipate the future growth plans of the business and ensure that the category plans are setup to enable
- Support Marketing in store roll out programme as Primark enter new countries, from market research, to new supplier identification negotiation and contract implementation.
- Compliance and Governance
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing suppliers, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationships
- Ensure internal compliance through legal review and approval, appropriate grant of authority for new scopes of work and contracts
- Benchmark price structures across all regions to ensure value for money through the life of a contract.
- Create and distribute briefing reports to internal stakeholders ensuring Procurement strategy is aligned.
- Identify and advise internal customers of commercial risks supply assurance issues and work to mitigate risk to protect Primark.
Contractual and Legal
- Ensure Primark is adequately legally protected and insured when undertaking all aspects of procurement.
- Put in place contracts, framework and legal agreements for all suppliers in all countries.
- Ensure that all contractual arrangements adequately indemnify Primark and their insurers.
- Ensure legal frameworks and purchase orders are in place for all procurement activity.
- Be aware of Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
- Be aware of the requirement for suppliers to comply with the Primark Code of Practice.
- Establish a robust supplier base that delivers the required quality, cost and service in compliance with Primark Ethical Trade Strategy.
- Deploy appropriate technological solutions to ensure efficiency and best use of leverage in new methods e.g.; eRFX, auctions.
- Maintain a current view of overall spends supplier data, market intelligence and best practice.
- Ensure delivery of best practice under the guidance of the Group Director of Procurement.
- To take responsibility for own development and development of new team members.
- Regular communication with relevant stakeholders.
- E-sourcing and Systems
- Assist in on-going development of E-sourcing strategy to suggest ideas and help drive initiatives to provide better tools and systems for Primark.
- Ensure events are scheduled, prepared and managed to deliver best value through our e–sourcing tool Scanmarket.
- 3-5 years related experience as a Procurement Manager/Buyer/Brand related role
- Subject matter expertise in marketing related categories, preferably in retail
- Extensive knowledge of the social media, influencer and bloggers market.
- Demonstrated success in delivering multi-year strategies ensuring competitive commercial advantage
- Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all management levels
- Proven experience of working within fast-paced and matrixed organisations
- Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships with key suppliers
- Experience in preparing month end KPI reports, plans completed, savings identified & realised, evaluations completed/supplier delivery performance results
- Knowledge of financial, legal, all aspects of ethical sourcing and corporate social responsibility issues
- Strong business acumen
- Curiosity with ability to drive change
- Self-motivated, focused and results orientated
- Driven achiever with proven track record
- Innovative and resourceful
- Ability to travel as required
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to influence senior internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Highly effective and skilled negotiator
- Excellent organisation, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend on risk at strategic level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.