The purpose of this Finance Manager job is to manage the team in delivering financial management information to a range of private, public and investor clients. To also lead from the front and play an integral part of the wider finance team who are based in Birmingham.
This particular organisation is a leading property consultant providing a comprehensive range of property solutions to UK and international owners, occupiers, investors, lenders and developers. Their teams work together to provide a full range of property-related services including agency, planning and urban regeneration, development, building consultancy, investment, property management, project management, valuation, business rates, lease renewals and rent reviews. They have one of the strongest regional networks in the property sector providing a national outlook combined with a local service delivery and our consultancy approach allows us to create innovative and far reaching solutions for clients that provide a real difference.
Their values are an important part of building their identity and helps bring all their teams together. Some of their key values include putting Clients First, Trust: acting with integrity and respect, taking pride in everything they do, Innovation and Growth: supporting employees to reach their full potential.
The Finance Manager based in Birmingham will have the following responsibilities:
- To lead and support the team to ensure delivery of all reporting and services to clients to agreed deadlines and KPI's. To ensure that all reporting to client is accurate, timely and robust.
- To attend finance meetings with clients to discuss the content of the reports.
- Reviewing and signing off monthly and quarterly client reports and supporting schedules and information and assisting with their preparation where necessary.
- Management of service charge year ends for the team, ensuring that all year ends are completed within the RICS required timeframe and in accordance with the guidelines set by our regulatory body.
- Ensure cash reconciliations are completed within the required timeframe and that risk items are managed
- Ensure the client accounting control document is kept up to date and records current status of all year ends, budgets, handovers and recharges at all times.
- Continual review of processes and systems and implement procedures and controls to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Act as a coach and mentor to the team and provide best practice advice. Identify development areas for members of team.
The Successful Finance Manager will have the following attributes:
- Property Accounting experience
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting time-lines and pressures
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with debates on process and inter department discussions
Competitive Salary + Great benefits