VAT Tax Senior Associate
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
As a VAT Senior Associate you will play a key role in:
- Having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Researching into local and offshore legislation and case law
- Drafting power point presentations on VAT matters to the VAT leaders
- Assisting the VAT leaders in the interpretation of the VAT Act, planning and restructuring
- Assisting the VAT leader in the market and division’s expansions
- Actively working with some practice management issues associated with the VAT team, such as work-in-progress monitoring
- Consulting and liaising with clients on matters of a compliance type nature, checking schedules and issuing VAT Returns
- Drafting reports in respect of reviews
- Identifying exposure in respect of VAT
- At least 2-3 years’ VAT related work experience gained within professional services
- Current relevant knowledge of VAT Act and relevant case law services
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- Excellent researching skills and inter-personal skills
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Ability to tolerate pressure
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate a professional work ethic and integrity
- Availability to travel within the GCC
- Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing)
- Fluent in Arabic (Reading, Speaking and Writing) – Arabic skills are optional
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.3)
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.