Tax Analyst (Global Tax Center)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Global Tax Center is a component of the BHGE Tax organisation. The Tax Team in the Center provides Tax services to the legal entities operated by BHGE across the world in partnership with the controllership, Product Company and corporate tax teams. Services scope include US and local GAAP tax accounting, preparing tax returns and work papers (CIT, VAT/GST, WHT, Local Taxes, and TP reporting), organizing tax payments and reconciliations, providing support and responses for tax audits, and supporting projects.
- Collection, preparation & analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant info required for local tax filings/ tax audits and any other statutory requirements
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the tax returns, schedules and work papers prepared
- Provide/prepare documents supporting the transactional data
- Prepare quarterly and annual US and local GAAP tax provision for entities, prepare annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with corporate tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis
- Prepare tax reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed. Prepare tax payments
- Gather financial information to calculate intra group pricing and prepare Transfer Pricing schedules
- Completion of tax tools (i.e. OneSource) as part of preparation and review of provision and compliance
- Upload the final tax return and support to tax compliance tracking system
- Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Escalating matters to Tax Managers and Tax Leaders for advice and resolution
- Provide audit support and responses as required
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- 2- 3 years of work experience of CIT in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Center (knowledge of other taxes is a plus)
- Experienced/knowledge in tax processes and compliance
- Good organization skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills and detail orientated
- Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Access
- Accountancy / Tax experience with knowledge of accounting and tax systems; Oracle and SAP, HFM, OneSource, Corptax
Locations: Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.