In today’s world, audit is no longer just about compliance. It is about cutting edge and risk based methodologies and knowing what is happening in the outside world. Our Assurance practice helps add value to clients through audit, management assurance, advisory and information risk management services.
Integrity, quality and independence are the building blocks of KPMG’s approach. Fundamental to a risk-based audit approach, we understand the way our clients run their businesses and drive their performances and the way this impacts their financial statements. KPMG’s extensive experience and proprietary tools have enabled us to provide seamless service to clients across industry sectors and geographical boundaries.
1. Assist in external and internal audit to life and general insurers and reinsurers, and provide actuarial support to the audit team in the following scopes:
- Review and audit of life/non-life insurance liabilities valuation which includes assumptions setting, application of methodologies, actuarial processes and controls, adequacy of reserves on various valuation/reporting regulatory requirements (i.e., Malaysian RBC Framework, European Embedded Value (EEV), International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS), etc.).
- SoX audit which cover financial reporting controls of technical reserving processes, Solvency II requirements and Insurance Group Directives (IGD).
- Evaluating and testing the sufficiency of clients’ other internal process (e.g. claims and reserving processes).
- Reviewing actuarial models, data accuracy and exhaustiveness (data collection, reconciliation and testing databases, etc.).
2. Assist and support actuarial advisory projects covering scopes such as business strategy (e.g. merger and acquisitions, optimization of distribution channels, business planning and strategizing), financial reporting (e.g. insurance accounting change of IFRS 17 and MFRS 9), pricing (e.g. effectiveness of product launch and optimization of operations), capital management (e.g. capital optimization) and data & analytics (e.g. data governance and enterprise data management).
3. Assist and support independent actuarial review in a broad range of life and non-life insurance areas.
- Minimum Degree / Master’s Degree in Actuarial Science or related discipline.
- Fresh graduates or candidates with 1-2 years of related working experience.
- Good progress in pursuing professional actuarial qualification.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High technical ability and good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication in both written and spoken English.
- Other languages will be added advantage.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.