APS5 Finance Officer/Assistant Accountant
The main duties of this finance officer/assistant accountant role include but not limited to:
- Procurement advice
- Procurement support
- PGPA Commitment Register
- Austender and contract reporting
- Invoice processing
- Staff reimbursements
- Retention allowance
- Statement Reconciliation
- Overseas Special Payments
- Create Payment Batch
- Bank account management
- Bank reconciliations
End of month accounting
- Accruals (Airfare and Other Suppliers)
- General journals
- Project accounting and journals
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Accounts Inbox
- The successful candidate will have:
- An understanding of the Australian Government's financial framework (including the Commonwealth Procurement Rules) and the accrual accounting principles in a public sector environment.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management processes, and the use of financial management information systems (e.g. TechnologyOne).
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- An ability to develop productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good communication skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- A commitment to a culture of teamwork, excellence and continuous improvement.
- A customer service focus.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role would be desirable.
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Connie Tong, Consultant in our Canberra office on 02 6229 1562, quoting Ref No. 1B/09810
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.