Sr. Internal Audit Manager
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, were fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, were better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. Were seeking passionate, high–performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Brighthouse Financial Sr. Internal Audit Manager (Sr. IA Manager) reports to the Internal Audit Leaders. The Sr. IA Manager is responsible for designing and executing end–to–end risk coverage for specific risks. They will own the day to day execution of their assigned audits to ensure appropriate risk coverage and documentation to support our opinions.We will leverage data analytics in assessing risks and providing these opinions. Our people must have the credibility to stand behind those opinions and drive change when necessary to achieve appropriate risk mitigation. They must be willing to wear multiple hats by developing broad business skills through rotational roles, including insurance business, finance, technology and data skills. They need deep skills in their primary area of expertise. They must drive quality in all assurance work through tenacious training, review, feedback and holding team members accountable.
This Sr. IA Manager is responsible for the risk coverage and data driven audit approach associated with the financial aspects of Brighthouse Financial, including, but not limited to Investments, Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, ALM, Actuarial, Expense Management and related systems and technology. This role is primarily responsible to:
- Perform risk assessments and execute assurance work
- Support the Chief Auditors quarterly and year end SEC filing attestations to the Audit Committee
- Coordinate with the Financial Controls Department on the execution of the enterprise SOX program
- Live Brighthouse culture and founders mentality
- Set a team climate that aligns to the Brighthouse culture
- Employ inspiring leadership qualities that result in motivated teams
- Collaborate on developing this new audit department, including the mission, risk and audit methodology, audit process, audit reports, quality assurance, auditing and risk technology, Audit Committee and senior management reporting.
- Ensure business risk is the compass that guides everything we do.
- Perform risk assessments, defining audit plans in a collaborative team environment putting the teams best interest over individual interest.
- Work closely with Audit Leaders to develop the scope and audit approach of all audits to ensure we focus on the right risk and hold the business accountable to mitigate risk in alignment with the Brighthouse risk appetite.
- Cover a broad range of risks, including business, technology and data related.
- Drive consistency and quality in audit execution and reporting through thorough reviews, personal feedback, debrief sessions and holding team members accountable.
- Build relationships with business leaders, define value to them, and aim to deliver that value.
- Provide subject matter expertise in accounting policy and regulatory reporting, including SEC, US GAAP and Statutory reporting.
- Manage and coordinate the relationship with external audit teams, consultants, regulators as needed
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelors degree, advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years audit or financial services industry experience.
- CPA or equivalent designation preferred.
- Knowledge of the operations, procedures and policies of assigned business units. Strong familiarity with their specific business processes and transactions.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Audit Standards and Institute of Internal Audit standards.
- Internal Audit subject matter expert
- Financial reporting subject matter expert
- Strong knowledge of insurance company financial risks associated with Finance, Investments, Actuarial and Risk Management
- Base knowledge of risks associated with data, technology and the insurance business
- Excellent relationship management and consultative work style
- Very Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presenting, listening and interviewing skills