Associate - Credit Assessment
Responsible for the risk assessment of customers and the establishment of credit limits, the analysis of the overall credit exposure, the recommendation of terms of credit and the negotiation and management of security necessary to support higher risk exposures. Approval of credit limits, within delegated authority and obtaining the necessary MOA approval for exposures exceeding authority, approval of risk categories, and release of blocked orders. Actively support the sales account holders in credit issues. Provide support to the Credit Assessment Supervisor/Manager/Country Credit Manager as required.
Manage Credit Risk
- Responsible for the risk assessment of customers, negotiating and managing security arrangements, establishment of appropriate credit limits with necessary MOA and the analysis of the overall credit exposure.
- Responsible for the re-assessment of credit-worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers, and timelines.
- Provide authorized approval for the release of blocked orders in respect of credit.
- Perform detailed financial analysis of customer financial statements for development of a risk profile of each customer using analytical results to establish credit limits within designated authority level and prepare analysis write-up to obtain necessary MOA for decisions exceeding designated authority level.
- Ensure compliance with Global Downstream Credit policy, OCM standards & SOX controls.
- Meet/communicate with customer’s senior financial and business leaders to establish understanding of customer’s financial condition and business model as needed to complete credit analysis and to negotiate security when financial condition does not support credit exposure.
- Manage security arrangements to ensure timely actions taken to renew or replace expiring security instruments.
- Manage Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for ensuring that both ‘Proactive’ and ‘Reactive’ credit control takes place and ensuring that customers’ debt are collected in line with contracted payment terms.
- The authority’s decision would also need to be executed and documented by this role.
- Recognize financial risk situations on Trade Receivable Accounts. Exercise manual blocking of orders on high financial risk and seriously delinquent accounts. Recommend A/R provisions for bad debt.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.