Audit Manager (9 month contract)
Description of business unit
Group Internal Audit, together with Group Credit Review, forms the 3rd line of defence for the Group, providing reasonable assurance on the effectiveness of the Group's risk management and internal control framework.
We provide independent insight and opinion, challenging, key risk focused assurance that meets our key stakeholders' needs. We have a Group-wide remit and, as a result, have a deep insight into all of the Group's activities, with access to the most senior levels of management within the Group.
Purpose of the Role
Delivery of high quality audit files, effective supervision of team members, completion of on-going risk assessments and maintenance of effective business relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Participate in the planning, execution and reporting of audits
- Evaluate internal controls and processes in order to provide objective and challenging risk based assurance in relation to business risks
- Work effectively and proactively with their colleagues in GIA and other assurance providers in the Group, to ensure a cohesive and co-ordinated approach to assurance provision
- Be an active participant on the Finance Audit Team
What is the opportunity?
This is a great opportunity to join the Group Internal Audit function. The role will involve significant engagement with internal stakeholders across the Group.
- Qualified accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of the Group's key businesses, priorities and challenges
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Track record that demonstrates sound judgement, drive, agility and resilience
- Strong team player with ability to work to tight deadlines
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Risk management or internal audit experience
- Manage Risk: People Manager
- Customer Focused: People Manager
- One Group, one team: People Manager
- Accountable: People Manager
- Agile: People Manager
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Aug 04, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.