Description of business unit
The Data Solutions & Analytics portfolio was set up in September 2018 to enable Group Internal Audit to drive further independent insight and opinion through the provision of data driven products and capabilities. The Data Solutions & Analytics portfolio is a new function within Group Internal Audit with the responsibility for:
- Design and execution of the division's data and analytics strategy
- Design, development and deployment of Group wide advanced analytics risk management and assurance solutions.
- Provision of data and model risk assurance for the Group, including transformation assurance on key strategic programmes.
- Build out and development of GIA's strategic analytics architecture; and
- Driving the capability and training strategy to embed data and analytics skills across GIA.
The role holder will deliver end to end projects within the data and analytics strategy, utilising Agile principles and contribute towards driving Group Internal Audits utilisation of advanced analytics techniques (such as machine learning and natural language processing) to drive risk management activities across the Group.
Purpose of the Role
This is a cross functional individual contributor role to lead the technical solution delivery for analytics projects, realising value of the Groups data. You will design, develop and deliver solutions to teams across Group Internal Audit utilising data from across the Group, and using the latest technologies in data exploration, modelling and visualisation. You will have an opportunity to partner with the business on a wide range of projects, collaborating on appropriate ways of working and proposing new methodologies. You will contribute more broadly to the achievement of Group Internal Audit strategic plans and priorities.
- Lead the design and development of multi-component analytical solutions (including advanced modelling capabilities), from initial engagement workshops through to solution deployment
- Lead sophisticated and complex research projects and analysis for senior management to drive business insights and proactive risk management across the Group
- Lead innovation projects across the portfolio, utilising data science techniques and methodologies to inform decisions to drive enhanced risk management and insight across the Group
- Drive experimental rigor within the function by leading high value, high visibility projects and pilots.
- Design and development of strategic management information solutions to present data driven insights to senior management
- Contribute towards Group Internal Audits data & analytics strategy and the Data Solutions & Analytics portfolio through the identification of new value add data exploitation and continuous improvement opportunities
- Promote awareness of data analytics, emerging industry trends (incl. regulation) and a digital future across Group Internal Audit
- Collaborate cross-functionally (with other teams within Group Internal Audit, and across the wider Group) to refine recommendations and develop next best action plans for risk management.
- Contribute to a creative culture centred on an agile environment, value prioritisation and design thinking
What is the opportunity?
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to help drive the execution of GIA's multi-year data and analytics strategy, with a view to embedding data driven risk management solutions across the function.
- Third Level qualification, in computational science, computer science, mathematics, statistics or another discipline including a significant quantitative element
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3+ years' experience in the end to end development of business relevant data science solutions
- Proficient in leveraging applied analytical techniques to test complex hypotheses across a wide variety of functional domains
- Proficient in the development of data science solutions in one or more of the following functional domains: risk, anti-money laundering, IT, finance or marketing/customer analytics.
- Proven experience in leveraging SQL and Python/R to acquire, transform and extract insights from large scale complex datasets
- High level of discretion, capable of dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy and a strong team ethic and flexible approach in order to meet challenging objectives and deadlines
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in applying analytical techniques to semi-structured and un-structured datasets
- Knowledge of the Cloudera Hadoop platform, and associated analytical tools (i.e. pySpark)
- Experience in applying supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods such as logistic regression, decision trees, neural networks, graph analytics, clustering etc. to real world business problems
- Experience in developing and validating machine learning models through SAS Enterprise Miner, Python, R, pySpark etc.
- Amplify Capability: Self
- Accountable: Self
- Champion Transformation: People Manager
- Manager Risk: People Manager
- Agile: People Manager
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Jul 19, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.