EMEA VAT Compliance Team Leader
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 25,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
Kerry Business Services (KBS) ensures that the business financial processes are efficient and consistent through handling incoming and outgoing invoices for the sites. The teams work with site colleagues and vendors and consists of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, HR Operations and Payroll.
An exciting new opportunity reporting to the EMEA VAT Compliance Manager.
About the role
- Day to day leadership responsibilities for the team
- Facilitate team meetings and 1:1 meetings in accordance with guidelines
- Train, motivate and develop the team
- Responsible for General Ledger reconciliations and assisting team to ensure reconciling items are resolved
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reporting and KPIs to be compiled and communicated to the Manager, Team and business
- Flexibility to adapt and cover other roles within the VAT department
- Provide advice and support to Team Members where necessary to achieve departmental targets
- Apply Continuous Excellence practices and behaviour
- Manage projects within the team/department to drive standardisation.
- This role will ideally suit a career driven individual who possesses excellent relationship management skills
- Tax qualification. Qualified or part qualified accountant desirable
- Previous experience leading a team in a busy administration/shared services department is preferred
- Excellent numeric, accuracy skills and attention to detail
- Highly Proficient user of Microsoft packages Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of SAP (preferable). Use of a similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) package will be considered
- Good working knowledge of local VAT compliance in multiple EU countries
- Post qualification experience in EMEA shared services environment or Big 4 VAT compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure teamwork and co-operation across departments
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines to achieve targets while also being adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience managing projects is an advantage
- Takes initiative and responsibility on tasks and can see the task through from start to finish by providing solutions to overcome obstacles
- Ability to communicate effectively in English. Additional European language is an advantage.
Candidates must hold an EU passport
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.