Accountant in Corporate Accounting department will be responsible for conducting more complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts. He/she will participate in maintaining the accounting records including the preparation/review of journal entries and supporting schedules and variance analysis.
- Undertake overall corporate accounting function for corporate entities and perform month close as required
- Work on month end and year-end closing
- Prepares Regulatory reports and Tax/VAT returns
- Provide support for year-end audit related issues across the region as required.
- Ensure timely update of books of accounts as per the local GAAP
- Participate in team meetings across the region to understand needs and support where required
- Take part in optimization, automation and digital innovation projects
- Take part in cross-functional collaboration to enhance accounting, control, financial and operational support
- Understand how the business works and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance
- Perform all other job related duties as requested
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A university degree in Accounting or in a related field (e.g. Economics, Finance)
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in similar department
- Knowledge of local GAAP, reporting requirements and taxes required
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications)
- Ability to maintain flexibility, to plan and organize tasks, and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build collaborative, trust-based relationships with staff and customers in a local, international and multi-site environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player