West Des Moines, IA
LWBJ seeks experienced tax professionals with 2 to 4 years’ experience to join our team.
LWBJ is one of the Midwest's leading CPA, business advisory and M&A firms. By size, we rank in the top one percent of CPA firms nationwide, and our team brings a wealth of national firm expertise to the table. Our entrepreneurial experience enables us to understand and appreciate the issues facing middle-market businesses and the individuals and families who own them. We deliver a broad range of tax, accounting, consulting and investment banking capabilities to serve them.
Our dynamic and growing business is creating new and exciting opportunities for our team.
The ideal candidates will have previous tax compliance experience and the desire to research complex issues and work on consulting engagements are important. The ability to acclimate quickly to our customer focused and value added environment is critical. While Tax Seniors have a discipline focus of Tax, they are also encouraged to express interest in consulting and business advisory practices they want to learn more about. Tax positions report to a matrix style Tax partner group.
Work to include:
- Preparation of complex business and individual tax returns
- Communicate with partners and clients relating to questions or information requests needed to complete assigned projects
- Identify tax planning opportunities or current compliance issues, then research and propose resolution
- Be a steward of knowledge to those at your level and with less experience
- In-depth knowledge of current tax laws and regulations
- Strong attention to detail
Candidates must also possess the following:
- CPA license or in process of attaining CPA license
- Desire to communicate and build relationships with clients
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Leadership mentality (ability to drive a project to completion and to interact with all levels including clients and business owners)
- Initiative and confidence to understand complex issues and propose solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships cross functionally and with clients
The LWBJ Employee Experience
Our founders came from national firms, but wanted to build more personal and collaborative relationships with clients and staff. And 27 years later, our culture continues to thrive. While roles, responsibilities and expectations are similar to those in other sophisticated public accounting firms, we encourage everyone to work a schedule that fits their needs – with flexible scheduling options, a casual dress code and summertime hours (including half-day Fridays). Travel is minimized. Work-life balance is highly valued. Entrepreneurial spirit is nurtured and appreciated. We are focused on helping our people advance and enjoy rewarding careers. Mentorship and continuing education are provided, as well market leading compensation and benefits.
You’ll be able to engage clients directly and work on the kinds of projects typically handled by national firms – but within a smaller firm setting focused on team-building, employee growth and client success. We not only expect you to become more experienced and successful early in your career, we work to help you accomplish it.