Fantastic opportunity to join leading Travel / Transport business as FC, reporting directly to FD and overseeing a small team
Our exclusive client are a market leading Transport and Travel business located in modern offices in central Kent.
As the Financial Controller you will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting allocations and made and documented appropriately, and for providing a controlled environment across Accounts Payable, Receivable, Cash management, Payroll and Bank Reconciliations. You will develop financial processes and controls, and support the Finance Director in moving the business forward.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the finance function (AP, AR, CC)
- Development of the finance team
- Monitoring cash position and advising accordingly
- Managing the month end process to working Day 3
- Consolidation of subsidiary accounts
- Review of group accounts in Hyperion
- Balance sheet review
- Review and approval of payroll and payment runs
- CAPEX project ownership
- Ownership of statutory accounts for a number of legal entities
- Ensure cash is collected in line with contractual terms
- Putting systems in place to ensure payments are made on time.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified and will most likely have key experience in the following areas as a Finance Manager or Financial Controller:
- Creation and implementation of robust controls and processes
- Updates and implementation of accountancy systems
- Knowledge of Sage and Hyperion would be advantageous
- Experience of financial control over one entity which reports into a larger parent company.
- Strong Excel skills
- Commercially astute
The Financial Controller will enjoy a base salary of circa £60,000 + 25 days holiday, pension, and other group benefits.