Description of business unit
Business Banking Credit (ROI)is part of Group Risk and has responsibility for underwriting and credit management of transactions between TGE €500k and €20m for Business Banking (ROI) and Bank of Ireland Finance teams. This is a key unit within the Group and partners these businesses in seeking to add quality assets to the Group's Balance Sheet and maximise recovery from challenged assets, whilst respecting capital, ensuring risk/reward balance is optimised and proactively managing existing Growth and Challenged lending relationships.
Purpose of the Role
To facilitate the challenging Business growth agenda, we are looking for a highly motivated and energetic person with credit skills to join a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Provide thorough analysis and objective assessment of the risk and viability of lending propositions in order to achieve optimal risk/reward structures
- Ensure that appropriate and timely resolution strategies to maximise recovery are implemented and monitor the return of rehabilitated customers to the business as usual portfolio
- Exercise a lending discretion/make appropriate recommendations, including writing clear concise credit opinions for submission to appropriate line manager including new/increased lending, end-state strategies/restructures and facility reviews
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key credit and business stakeholders
- Adherence to Credit Policy, compliance, Audit requirements and ensure continued focus on the Risk awareness agenda
What is the opportunity
At Bank of Ireland a core strategic priority is to serve our customers brilliantly. To do that for our business customers, we need to understand their business priorities and how we can help. This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic person to develop their skills in Credit, broaden their business acumen and commercial judgment capability, providing them with a solid base for further career development.
Minimum of 5 passes (minimum Grade D) in Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate subjects, including Maths and English, or equivalent or superseding qualification.
Essential Skills & Experience
- excellent analytical and decision making skills
- business and commercial acumen with an ability to influence while maintaining effective open and constructive working relationships
- decisive, objective, independent with ability to articulate clear positions and credit perspective
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work well as part of a successful team
- ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- understanding of the Bank's BIPs risk-rating models and their application to the grading system
- knowledge and understanding of the Bank's credit policy and procedures
- Competency 1: Customer Focused - Self
- Competency 2: One Group, one team - Self
- Competency 3: Agile - Self
- Competency 4: Accountable - Self
- Competency 5: Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Jul 22, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.