Regulatory Reporting Business Analyst
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Regulatory Reporting Controls & Operations (RRCO) team are responsible for reporting information to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors, as well as regular interactions with other key stakeholders including Group Treasury, Risk Strategy Analysis & Reporting and Business Partners across the Group. The team has expanded rapidly in recent years and offers individuals the opportunity to develop their career and increase their profile with Senior Management.
Purpose of the Role
A Systems & Change team was established within RRCO in 2015. The primary objectives of this team are to plan, direct and support RRCO's IT and continuous improvement agenda. This includes managing the delivery of key system infrastructure (tactical & strategic), represent RRCO on relevant Group projects and embedding a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence within the BAU team.
- Engage with BAU and Change Leads to recommend improvements to processes (mostly Excel reliant) that will support deliver of RRCO's automation and data strategy
- Deliver reporting solutions and process improvements that leverage off existing system architecture such as Teradata, Tableau or SAS which will deliver measureable performance benefits for the BAU teams
- Working with colleagues across GTAC, Finance and Risk to ensure effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
- Responsible for ensuring the relevant data and reporting standards are adhered to in any solution and process redesign
- Support the effective handover of solutions and redesigned processes and documentation to BAU teams
- Provide ongoing technical support to deployed or existing solutions
- Undertake other Project and Reporting duties that may arise from time to time
What is the opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Systems and Solution Manager, RRCO, this Business Analyst role will work closely with the Change Leads and BAU teams to deliver key reporting and process solutions that leverage off existing system architecture such as Teradata, Tableau or SAS that will drive operational excellence through automation, mitigation of operational risk, reduced production cycle times and better analytical capability.
- Third-level qualification in mathematics, statistics, IT or another discipline involving a significant numerical element
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven track record in supporting delivery of reporting and process solutions through the full life cycle
- Strong interpretative and analytical skills with ability to challenge constructively current processes and norms and provide objective insight and solutions to problems
- A strong systems background with analytical tools ( e.g. SAS, VB, SQL) and reporting tools (e.g. OBIEE, Tableau Teradata Studio, SAP BW, XML)
- MS Office Advanced
- Enthusiastic with a passion for change and efficiency
- High energy levels, "roll-up sleeves" attitude, excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Highly organised, strong attention-to-detail and an inquisitive, analytical approach to solving complex problems
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Primary degree or post-graduate qualification in IT or Analytics (business analytics, data analytics, information systems or similar)
- Previous experience in delivering management information, business intelligence or application support
- Knowledge of and experience within Regulatory Reporting, Credit Risk or Treasury within the financial services sector
- Results-oriented, relationship builder, and confident self-starter
- Knowledge of Agile, Lean or PMP or equivalent Methodologies
- One Group One Team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Manage Risk -Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jul 24, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.