United Kingdom and Irish (“UKI”) Tax Assistant Manager
- Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s Global businesses.
- We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
- The successful candidate will have tax reporting & compliance responsibility for the UK and Irish operating entities and will report to the Country Controllership Statutory Manage
- You`ll be a valuable member of the Statutory and Tax Team.
- The primary focus of the work is US GAAP Tax Reporting, local country tax compliance and reporting, and managing the data requirements for local country tax audits.
- The successful person will work within a team of highly-regarded accounting and tax professionals, with deep expertise and experience.
- The successful person will work within a team of highly-regarded accounting and tax professionals, with deep expertise and experience. A great progress career and recognition are on offer for the right person.
- Responsibility for planning and managing the statutory and tax compliance timetable for the UKI entities in line with Accenture’s internal policy deadlines.
- Preparing tax computations for a range of Irish and UK subsidiaries, filing relevant tax returns and dealing with any Revenue queries.
- Ensuring the integrity and completeness of financial records and internal financial controls
- Preparation of tax provisions as part of both the year end US GAAP and local Statutory process for UKI operating entities of the Group.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the year-end UKI tax package for submission to the Global tax group as well as answering queries and providing data as required.
- Calculation of the UKI Effective Tax Rate on a quarterly basis.
- Preparation of the Tax forecast on a quarterly basis for review by Country Controller.
- Responsibility for managing the tax compliance process for acquisitions and liquidations.
- Developing the relationship with both country controller and the Global tax Group.
- Facilitating and providing cross team support as required
- Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
- Detailed review of monthly statutory and tax reconciliations
- Involvement in setting up and improving on processes with a view to making them more efficient
- Providing reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
- Qualified Accountant and/or Qualified Tax Professional
- Detailed knowledge of tax legislation and current Revenue practices
- First class numerical and technical analysis skills
- The ability to interpret and understand financial and business information and make the associated recommendations for action
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines
- Ability to manage a broad and varying portfolio of work
- IT skills particularly with regard to data analysis and presentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A logical and organised approach to work
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Accuracy and timeliness
- Investigative ability/aptitude
- AlphaTax and SAP experience an advantage but not essential
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.