Financial Reporting Team Leader
TEAM LEADER - FINANCIAL REPORTING
LOCATION: CITY EAST PLAZA, LIMERICK
This is an opportunity for an individual who is proficient in accounting to work on and manage large and/or complex projects meeting the financial reporting needs of our clients as part of a team. The successful candidate will be technically competent, and will demonstrate a broad and in-depth knowledge in the field, plus strong knowledge in related areas.
- Deliver and drive a high quality service to clients through accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information. Be responsive to clients and anticipate their needs.
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Investment Funds under NTI’s administration.
- Preparation of any group, board or ad hoc reporting required by your clients.
- Liaise with external auditors and deal with audit queries. Manage the audit process from end to end for your clients.
- Preparation of regulatory returns where applicable.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are consistently met.
- Ensuring other Tax compliance deadlines are met for the funds on your team.
- Preparing and/or reviewing tax computations as required.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate. Liaise with other units – Liaise with other units – Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee, Fund Accounting, Client Services, Legal, and Client Expenses.
- Train other colleagues in your areas of expertise. Review the work of other colleagues and provide timely feedback on any review points.
- Manage any assigned members of your team as required. Ensure performance review process is completed for your direct reports in a timely manner. Assist in managing the team in your manager’s absence.
- Take part in transition and improvement projects as required.
- Liaise with colleagues in support locations, assist in planning outsourced work and provide colleagues in support locations with timely feedback on work provided. Review all work received from support locations
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Accounting experience within the Investment Industry would be a distinct advantage, as would financial reporting experience.
- The successful candidate will likely be a qualified accountant or part qualified accountant and interested in completing their qualification, however a good history of accounting experience will suffice in the absence of qualification.
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, recognising and following through on opportunities to deliver improved efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Invest One and/or Sun advantageous.
- Excellent client servicing skills
- Track record of reviewing and providing positive and negative feedback of colleagues’ work.
- A team player.
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.