Senior Finance Analyst, Global Insurance Business
Senior Finance Analyst - Global Insurance Business
- 2IC to the Manager - Management Reporting
- Great exposure to senior stakeholders and responsible for presentations
- Technical role, great working culture, exciting career opportunities
A very exciting opportunity has been made available for a Senior Financial Analyst with a strong Financial Services experience to step into a high performing team and act as the 2IC to the Manager, Management Reporting. You will be responsible for the production of monthly reports and development of presentations within one of Australia's most well-known and respected Insurance organisations. This individual will be pivotal in future business process improvements, with the potential to take on management of the Management reporting team within a few months time.
- Responsible for the monthly reporting process, as well as the production of monthly management, group and executive financial reports.
- Assisting the business with preparation and submission of annual Plans and Forecasts through providing critical analysis, review and commentary on key activities and profit drivers.
- Responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of Business Partnering by providing assistance and support to the business unit team members for successful relationship management.
- Responsible for managing the monthly and yearly financial reporting and annual audit of the workers' compensation managed funds and underwritten workers compensation schemes.
- Understand the requirements of any new accounting standards and be able to articulate the practical implications of the changes.
- Manage the implementation of new processes and procedures to adapt to these changes, through a strong understanding of IFRS & AGAAP knowledge.
- Coach, mentor, develop staff including new employee on boarding and career development planning
- Responsible for reports and presentations for Management, Executives and Business Units
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and CA/CPA Qualified
- 5 + years in Financial Services industry
- Experienced managing 2-3 staff previously
- Highly experienced with Management Reporting (internally, externally, group) and detailed Financial Analysis including budgeting + Forecasting
- IFRS & AGAAP knowledge necessary
- Strong presentation skills (PowerPoint), attention to detail and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong stakeholder management & ability to collaborate and work strongly in a team environment
- Ability to overcome obstacles and barriers - Takes personal accountability for the long and short term success of the organisation by removing barriers and overcoming obstacles to business opportunities
- Strategic thinker with strong evidence of adding commercial value to the business
- Knowledge of SAP/TM1 highly desirable
If you suit the job's criteria and are interested in the role, please apply to the link or directly to: