Mine Accountant - Various levels
After an internal restructure our client, a global mining and resources business is looking to further grow their site based accounting resources with the addition of three new hires (temp and perm).
Based in the Hunter Valley mining hub, these roles offer great career growth opportunities for both experienced and novice site based accountants. Covering a range of activities from financial reporting, cost analysis, management accounting, forecasting and reconciliations.
For those wanting to start a career in the mining industry this is the perfect time to embark on that journey. As long as you have previous experience of using SAP, are degree qualified and are either CPA/CA accredited or on the way to being so, then our client will teach the rest.
For experienced mining accountants, there is an opportunity to form part of the senior commercial leadership team on site and to become a crucial part in the continuing success of the operations.
As an ideal candidate it is likely you will possess most or all of the following:
- Degree qualified (in Commerce or Accounting)
- CPA/CA accredited (or open to obtaining)
- Experienced of financial (novice) and management (experienced) accounting principles
- Previous experience using SAP (ideal) or other ERP system
- Previous experience of using modelling software (Xeras would be advantageous)
- Previous experience in both underground (ideal) and/or open cut mines (for experienced candidates)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- Reliable transport and willing to travel to site on a daily basis (Singleton/Muswellbrook area)
For more information please contact Jim Waldegrave on 02 4927 2244.