Part Qualified Analyst
Our client is seeking an individual with lots of potential to join their growing Finance team based in Witney who is keen to move into a Tax specialism within this international business.
This impressive international organisation based in Witney is a well known reputable employer. The continual evolution and development of new technology has helped them to dominate their market internationally. The company's strategy is to continue to drive sales and earnings growth through the combination of organic growth and select acquisitions. To succeed in meeting its business objectives this business needs to recruit and retain the very best people - could that be you?
The Part Qualified Analyst would perform all activities required to timely and accurately prepare and submit local VAT-filings, VOC-declarations, Intrastat Reports and EC-Sales Lists to the competent authorities. The responsibilities may include co-ordinating activities with internal and external parties, performing data analyses, preparing correction entries, responding to questions and concerns and assisting with Tax Office VAT audits.
The Analyst would be expected to perform their tasks by applying rules and regulations in effect with respect to VAT, VOC and Intrastat reporting and operating with some supervision on a day-to-day basis.
Duties would include:
- To execute the VAT preparation and submission process for the companies assigned - this includes running tax register and sales reports, verifying data, checking invoices and making adjustment entries where required in order to submit accurate VAT filings on time.
- To execute the Intrastat and EC Sales list preparation and submission process for the companies assigned - this includes running sales reports, analysing sales data, making corrections where necessary and uploading and submitting the reports to the Competent Authorities
- Play an active role in onboarding of (new) entities at the Indirect Tax Group - mapping activities currently performed at the company and planning and transferring activities internally
- Provide support and play an active role in the implementation of new systems in the field of Indirect Tax such as OneSource, Making Taxes Digital for VAT and similar activities
- Actively follow developments in the field of Indirect Taxation - legal changes, relevant court verdicts, rate changes etc. - and recommend appropriate actions.
- Respond to questions from the Business related to the correct application of VAT rules and regulations and ensuring compliance with Department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful Part Qualified Analyst will
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, AAT etc)
- Willingness to develop further in the field of Taxation
- Must be able to work well whilst under pressure, meeting strict deadlines and targets with minimum supervision
- PC skills; MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other applications as required, with an emphasis on Excel skills (Macros, Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's etc.)
- Applying fundamental VAT principles and practices
- Ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Inquisitive and eager to learn and further develop
The successful Part Qualified Analyst can expect to earn in the region of £25,000 - £28,000 dependent upon experience plus a generous benefits package.