Part Qualified Accountant
This is an exciting newly created role for an accountant who is currently studying for their ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent but who are crucially at a critical point in their career where they would benefit from learning from a strong Finance Manager/Financial Controller in order to gain more experience, have more contact with budget holders across the business and look to progress their careers.
The role has been created in order to better support the business but also with a view to creating a succession plan for the current Finance Manager.
The business is based just outside of Cambridge with easy access from public transport networks and onsite parking.
Prime responsibilities for this role include:
- Production and review of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Porvide meaningful commentary on the P&L and seek regular and proactive engagement with budget holders in order to equip the business with the information needed to make better decisions
- Maintance of rolling business forecasts and ownership of the annual budget
- Ad-hoc analysis on future projects
We are looking for:
- Someone who is actively studying towards their ACA, ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent
- Someone who is unafraid of liaising with senior budget holders and challenge assumptions
- This is a friendly, down to earth culture who appreciate teamwork - so we are looking for individuals who want to work in a similar environment and work hard, together as a team, to achieve results.
- Able to work in an SME culture, get stuck in and work with a high growth business.
This business has a very forward thinking approach towards work life balance and flexibility in the workplace - focus is on output not input - so it's a great environment to be working in especially if you do indeed have a life outside of work!