A good start to the week: we have been engaged exclusively on a Financial Controller position for a highly innovative firm with links to the nanotechnology sector. This busness has grown rapidly over the past 5 years and is at a point in its growth when it will, in all likelihood, go through a sale in the next few years. As such it is an exciting time to be joining the business and supporting the business in its growth objectives.
The business is based just to the north of Cambridge and has strong national rail links, public transport and parking available.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the team of 5, assessing succession plans currently within the finance team and bolstering the team where needed. Coaching skills required to upskill the team into a true business partnering and added value finance function.
- Implementation of the new ERP system - Implementation experience highly desirable but not essential.
- Strong stakeholder management of senior leadership team.
- Oversee and provision of all financial reporting for the business and provision and sign off on statutory accounts.
- Cash flow forecasting
- Investment appraisal, CAPEX, Loans and Equity etc.
- Ensure rigorous financial controls are in place and upheld throughout
We are looking for candidate who:
- Are qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA OR Equivalent)
- Have strong financial controllership exposure in an SME environment or have demonstrated strong management of a finance team in a high performance culture.
- Have a desire to operate in a fast paced and high growth SME environment