Financial Accounting Advisory Services Audit Manager
FAAS (Financial Accounting & Advisory Services)
FAAS is the fastest growing department in Grant Thornton. Our team has grown from 12 to 160 over the last 6 years. We are a specialist team who service complex large scale and multinational companies, providing solutions to accounting challenges in global finance functions. Our experienced and multinational team operates across 4 key service lines as per the below;
- Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions
Centralised approach to the following services:
- Income tax
- Company secretarial
- Statutory accounts production
- Conversion from group to local
- Supporting audit file
- Tagging & filing
- Audit and Accounting Advisory
- Centralised coordinated audits
- Conversion to new accounting frameworks
- Implementation of new accounting standards
- Technical accounting advice on new transactions
- Effective Financial Reporting
- Interim/Surge resourcing
- Remediation and review
- Transition management
- PMO Offering
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Full or partial process outsourcing including PTP, OTC and RTR
- Process optimisation
- Reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Access to consulting advice for Shared Service Centre setup and implementation
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact ;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with Partners and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of FAAS audit clients;
- Overseeing the detailed audit work of assistant managers and seniors on audits
- Liaising closely with clients in relation to planning and closing meetings, and discussing business developments generally
- Reviewing audit work papers
- Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Assist the team including motivating them, allocating on the job tasks for audits and completing staff and job allocation, job planning, training needs, staff issues, identification of resources required etc.;
- For the more technically demanding audits, there may be the need to on site management and assist in the performance of complex sections such as Share Based Compensation, Revenue Recognition and other critical areas as defined in the audit process.
- Supervise and train more junior members of the dedicated FAAS staff to ensure that firm standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process;
- Playing a key role in the development of new business, through participation in industry and potential client focus groups.
Individual’s experience, skills and attributes
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- Audit experience of large Irish companies or multinational entities;
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS and Irish GAAP;
- Some knowledge or awareness of US GAAP would be a benefit;
- The ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Electronic auditing experience;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others; and
- Be commercially aware.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.