This is an exciting Accounts Assistant position supporting the Financial Controller for a bespoke manufacturer based in North Bristol, with a global footprint.
This SME is a bespoke manufacturer of high-spec products for a global customer base.
Their small, high performing Head Office team in Bristol are looking for an Accounts Assistant to support in the day-to-day running of finance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing of purchase invoices
- Posting journal entries
- Accruals & Prepayment posting
- Re-charge invoicing
- Month end close down of the purchase ledger
- Processing payments via online banking system
- Using the cash book & cash posting
- Foreign currency handling
- Management of expenses
- HMRC Reporting for Intrastat declarations
- Statement reconciliations
- Maintaining digital records using Microsoft NAV
- Updating Stock records
- Providing general assistance and cover within the Accounts and Customer Support Department as and when required
The ideal candidate will bring with them a strong track record within similar finance roles, including (critically) experience running end-to-end purchase ledger.
We are open to considering candidates of differing profiles; you could be an AAT studier looking to consolidate and build upon a year-or-two of finance experience, or equally a highly experienced individual who has worked at this level for years and is looking to utilise that extensive skill-set, working as part of a busy head office team to drive growth.
It's critical that this person brings with them a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and autonomously, taking ownership for tasks and ensuring they are completed to deadline and to a high degree of accuracy. Culturally you need to be comfortable working in a small team, and not someone who desperately needs the energy and camaraderie of a big team.
This role will pay a competitive salary of up to £26k. Study support may be offered.