We are currently looking for an Accounts Officer to join our dynamic accounting team and finance department. This position requires an individual who enjoys working within a team and is capable to work on his/her own initiative, sometimes to quite strict deadlines. Being highly organised and meticulous is essential in such a role. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis on Excel and SAGE is also a requirement.
The role involves handling every aspect of the accounting functions for both the Firm and its international clients and more specifically involves:
- Assisting in the firm’s accounting processes, right up to a trial balance level;
- Posting payments and journal entries;
- Maintaining the accounts for a portfolio of client companies;
- Assisting with payroll calculation;
- Assisting with end-of-year tax submissions and VAT returns.
- Handling all reconciliations, including bank reconciliations;
- Handling any other duties to ensure the smooth running of the Accounts Department.
- Any other relevant duties as may by requested by the CFO.
- Bookkeeping & bank reconciliations;
- Creditor control;
- Chasing Debtors;
- Preparation of invoices and credit notes;
- Maintenance of accounts ledgers;
- Assistance in the preparation of VAT returns;
- Other accounting-related duties;
- Liaising with clients and auditors;
- Filing accounting documents;
- Knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel
- Qualification in Accounts
- Good verbal and written skills in English and Maltese
- Payroll experience also helpful (FS3, FS5 and FS7 forms)
- Preference given to candidates having knowledge of Shireburn
EU citizen or prove eligibility for full-time work in Malta