Audit? It’s just looking at spreadsheets isn’t it?. . . . .Okay, so yes there are spreadsheets and lots of them but deep down, like us, you love them, and know there is so much more to audit than a great VLOOKUP.
You would be joining a growing 8 Partner, 50 strong flexible working bunch and a handful of office fish. Some good news, you wouldn’t be the only 'newbie’! Due to continued growth and internal promotions the audit team are looking for 2 ambitious Audit Seniors to join the Partner lead team of made up of Directors, Managers, Seniors and Semi-Seniors.
To clarify when we say ambitious, we mean it! If you have your mind set on Partner, we have the resources and training structure in place to help make that happen.
"I have been promoted twice in two years"- Audit Director
Because you have been working in audit for a few years now we don’t need to list your day to day duties when it comes to undertaking an audit. You will probably want to know about progression and the type of clients you will be working with.
The clients you will be looking after vary in size and sector, from charities, solicitors, and retailers to hospitality sector, international subsidiaries, and a FMCG Groupwith a GTO of over £30million.
You will be involved in a small number of the 70 audits a year the team undertake. The first part of your year will be pretty much 100% audit and the remainder a 70/30 split. This is going to put your experience of working in a dual function role to good use!
On your criteria list for your next job move alongside 'career progression’, you may have 'managers that inspire and support’ and 'improve work life balance/work from home more often'. . . if so, this job ad is just about to get even better.
Every level of employee receives 360degree feedback so they know how they are doing, you would be joining a Gold Standard Investors in People firm. . . in short, communication, leadership and staff development all play a huge part of everyday life here at Sobell Rhodes.
"A firm where everyone helps each other, and everyone says hello" - Audit Semi Senior
Regular team meetings take place with either Harry Potter, Alfred Hitchcock or Audrey Hepburn (these are the names of our meeting rooms, we are so close to Elstree Studio it would have been rude not to).
As an Audit Senior you are given a pretty decent level of responsibility from the start. You would be involved in planning time and overseeing workflow on smaller audits and expected to use your audit & accounting experience to offer guidance regarding time management, working with clients, communicating findings and using systems to the more junior team members.
Work life balance and working from home aren’t just phrases that get thrown around in the Elstree office, we encourage it and have the awards to prove it!
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- Being ACA or ACCA qualified
- Ambition - we are looking for a future leader and would really like to speak to you if you are keen to progress within a forward-thinking practice
- Willingness to learn - Just because you are qualified, the learning doesn’t stop. CPD and watching the Managers, Directors and Partners communicate, manage the WIP and plan will put you in good stead
- Experience of leading teams on audit- bit of an obvious one, but being a smaller practice someone with experience gained within a practice environment is crucial
- Accounts & Tax experience- around 30% of your time will be spent preparing financial accounts and corporate tax computations for review. You will need to be technically up to date in these areas
- IT skills - in a world of automation you are no doubt comfortable working with a whole variety of systems including all the mastery that Excel is capable of. You would be working with ProAudit, Xero, Quickbooks, CCH and Digita here too
- Strong Technical skills - up to date knowledge of UK financial reporting standards
- Communication skills- not just the ability to delegate work, motivate a team, deliver feedback to Managers on job statuses and put professional emails together. We also need you to be able to listen too, to feedback on yourself in 360 reviews, any client concerns or queries as well as information from Managers, Directors and Partners
- Commercial acumen- what does this really mean? In this case, the ability to really add value to a client and spot cross selling opportunities
- A driving licence and access to a car - due to our location and where our audits are (all relatively local, apart from one in Wales) having a driving licence and access to a car is pretty essential
What you need to know about us:
- 8 Partners, 50+ staff
- Based in Elstree
- Flexible working and working from home
- Award winning training and development
- IIP Gold employer
- London salary
- Fruity Monday’s
- Pizza Friday’s
- Discounted gym membership
- Great benefits
- Fancy dress Fridays (not really its dress down, just checking you are still reading)
Hit apply now, send us your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
But what if you are interested but don’t have a CV ready to go? Not a problem contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment).
Please note our recruiter is on holiday from 6th - 13th July so there may be a delay if your application is around this time.
This piece of recruitment for Sobell Rhodes LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.