Senior Vice President PE Fund Accounting
SVP Operations Manager Private Equity Fund Accounting
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Team & Role:
Over the past 20 years Citco has invested heavily in growing the Private Equity & Real Estate (PERE) line of business. Our global Centres of Excellence are home to some of the most accomplished professionals in the sector, providing best in class client support and unparalleled opportunities for learning, development and career progression.
Due to continued growth and regional realignment, an opportunity has been created for an accomplished and highly capable person, who will have hands-on, Private Equity specific accounting expertise and have demonstrated capabilities in managing the administrative function of multiple private equity funds and/or in managing client service relationships associated with alternative asset investment managers and investors.
The role will support the Director and the Management Team of the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services line of business in creating a standardized approach to CFS' global PE/RE service offering and with managing the various operational aspects associated with the business. .
Job Duties in Brief :
Client relationship management
· Interact with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients
· Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
· Preparation of client service plans including annual budget
· Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
· Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group
· Coordinate, manage and monitor external audit process
· Review private equity fund client's partnership agreements, PPM's and other materials
· Management of various operational aspects associated with client relationships
· Fund accounting and control
· Maintain a pro-active customer focus at all times
· Constantly review client utilization of deliverables; eliminate unnecessary service where appropriate
· Enhance current servicing levels, deliver beyond client expectations
· Develop & implement best practice on all processes; eliminate non-value-added tasks
· Monitor internal service delivery levels against established standards (contractual Service Level Agreements)
· Establish & document business contingency plans for all areas of responsibility
· Facilitate new business installations, managing all phases ensuring timely & accurate completion
Financial & Risk Management:
· Budget preparation & in managing costs within the department
· Ensure full adherence & implementation of the corporate & local risk policy, manage & minimize claims
· Ensure all control procedures & internal reporting requirements are met
· Assess & monitor the operational risks in the department
· Monitor risk reporting to ensure adherence to department's procedures
Resource & Staff Management:
· Direct report managerial - development, coaching & succession planning including the completion of performance reviews & individual development plans
· Develop management & technical skills of managers
· Provide staff management support to the managers, assisting them to effectively deal with staff issues
· Create an environment that motivates rewards & supports staff
· Actively participate in the recruitment process
· Set challenging team goals & empower people to achieve them
· Keep people focused on critical goals & deadlines through frequent & consistent communication
· Motivate people by creating a high performance environment that is both challenging & exciting
· Promote & support change initiatives within the business
· Actively contribute to corporate initiatives as part of the management team
· Keep up to date on legislative requirements and standards
· Be acutely aware of changing market, impact on existing and potential client base
· Gain detailed knowledge & understanding of Citco's products, policies and procedures
· Participate in projects that will enhance the delivery of service to our clients, as well as offer opportunity for staff & self-development
· Participate in organizational strategic initiatives
About You :
· 10 to 12 years public/private accounting experience
· Experience in managing and marketing a new business unit
· Skills in negotiation, business planning and budgeting, margin analysis, rating agency relations and technical accounting.
· Familiarity with Investran
· A highly successful record of delivering large scale business/technology reengineering initiatives in the private equity, hedge funds and fund of funds businesses
· Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting
· Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
· Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
· Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel).
· CPA designation a plus
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
· CPA designation a plus
What We Offer:
· A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
· Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
· Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
· Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.