Vice President Private Equity Fund Accounting
Vice President Fund Accounting, Private Equity
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Team & Role:
Over the past 20 years Citco has invested heavily in growing the Private Equity & Real Estate (PERE) line of business. Our Strategic Centre of Excellence in Dublin is home to some of the most accomplished professionals in the sector, providing best in class client support and unparalleled opportunities for learning, development and career progression.
Due to continued growth, we seek an accomplished and highly capable Senior Account Manager to join the Dublin COE to provide leadership and direction for a team of fund accountants, and ensure clients across mulitple PE funds receive the world class support they expect from Citco.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Structure and lead a team of 8-10 staff (FAs, SFAs, AMs) in servicing client relationships(s).
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables through Service Level Agreements.
- Manage overall relationships for multiple clients and join senior management on client visits.
- Prepare and review: fee calculations (including management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations); financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements, limited partner and general partner allocations.
- Coordinate and review fund events (Capital Calls, Distributions, Partner Transfers and Fund closings).
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients.
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system.
- Participate in marketing and sales pitches to explain Citco's service offering for PERE products
- Preparation of client service plans including annual budget and year end audit.
- Prepare and review trial balances and ensure the general ledger and sub-ledger is maintained and controlled.
- Coordinate with all relevant teams internally (e.g. Legal, Financial Reporting, Tax, Regulatory) to ensure processes and workflows are aligned to meet client needs.
- Review private equity fund clients' limited partnership agreements, PPM's and other materials at on-boarding stage and during restructure.
- Review trading and operations processes for the Company's private equity division.
- Coach, develop and train staff with aid of Citco's internal training department.
- BBS in Accounting/Finance or related discipline with 6-10 years' public/private equity accounting experience (CPA, ACCA, CIMA designation advantageous).
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation, business planning and budgeting, margin analysis, rating agency relations and technical accounting.
- Familiarity with Investran, or other Private Equity software packages, highly advantageous.
- Experience in developing/implementing/optimising business processes in private equity FA businesses.
- Knowledge of International GAAP/IFRS Accounting Principles.
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel).
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.