Graduate Private Equity Fund Accountant
Fund Accountant (Private Equity)
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
Citco Fund Services (Ireland) Ltd. has been operating successfully since October 1999 and has established itself as the market leader in fund administration. We are currently creating a Strategic Centre of Excellence within the Private Equity and Real Estate ('PERE') team in our Dublin, Ireland office to support the recent growth within PERE and are seeking highly motivated individuals to further our expansion.
Private Equity is the fastest growing and most exciting area within the European Fund world.
Your role will encompass all facets of the calculation of net asset values on a variety of complex Private Equity funds. Working closely with account managers, your responsibilities will include:
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Monthly/Quarterly Reporting Pack preparation, which includes:
- Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Cash and Portfolio Reconciliations
- Income and Expense Accruals
- Capital Activity processing (calls/distributions/transfers)
- Management Fee & Waterfall calculations
- Partner Allocation calculations
- Prepare and review trial balances
- Financial Statement preparation with footnotes
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables (SLAs)
- Act as liaison to various internal/external parties e.g. auditors
- Interact directly with senior management and clients with appropriate escalation
- Coordinate with Onboarding team , Tax group, Investor Relations group, Financial Statement group, and other groups at Citco
- Prepare and review capital calls, distributions, and statements
- Review private equity fund clients limited partnership agreements, PPMs, and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Ad hoc reports and client requests as needed
- Train and support team members in their development
- Engage in local and global group projects
- Degree Qualified (2.1 and above) in Finance or Accounting related degree desirable
- A strong academic record
- Strong Customer Relationship skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel etc).
- Displays an active interest in the financial markets and hedge fund industry
We offer people an excellent salary and package which includes travel & educational assistance, pension, healthcare, and the opportunity to progress in an exciting career.