This role is ideal for someone studying their AAT or considering starting their Financial Accounting studies, wanting to get hands on experience and development for a career in Finance.
This role would also suit someone who has established who would like to work in an international company to manage intercompany processing. With varied responsibilities from month end accounting to AP/AR.
A global market leader with an instantly recognisable brand, based in large modern offices in the Weybridge area with easy access via public transport and free parking provided.
The Finance Assistant role involves;
- Ownership of the intercompany costs.
- Purchase order preparation and monitoring and management of approvals for invoices/POs/expenses with dispersed leadership team to facilitate payment runs
- Management of invoicing queries and ownership of relationship with AP shared services team.
- Support for strong controls over invoices, approvals and spending against POs
- Raising month end accruals
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations including accruals, prepayments, AUC & GRNI
- Assistance with maintenance of both GBP and EUR bank accounts including allocating receipts
- Preparation of the monthly recharges to various group companies
- Preparation of intercompany reconciliations at month end and agreements with intercompany counterparties
- Ownership of collection of aged intercompany debts
- Support the Senior Finance Manager and extended Finance team with other ad hoc tasks on the need basis
The ideal candidate for the Finance Assistant role will be;
Studying AAT or degree level with a relevant degree and accountancy studies commenced or already established AP/AR subject matter expert with 2+ years' experience.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of accounts system SAP.
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships both with immediate team colleagues and abroad based inter-company contacts
- Numerate with good communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and organised, with attention to detail
- Able to meet strict deadlines and to raise issues to line manager's attention timely
- Team player with a great 'can do' attitude
- Understanding of VAT requirements for UK reporting and application to payables process (not essential)
The Finance Assistant role offers between £25-30,000 (depending on experience and level of qualification), + study support, and excellent benefits.