Payroll and Beneifts Manager
Leading Pharmaceutical business in Bedfordshire are on the lookout for an experienced Payroll and Benefits Manager to join there team.
Global leader within Pharmaceuticals based on the outskirts of Bedfordshire. This well know brand are a true market leader when it comes to employee benefits and wider employee satisfaction.
Payroll and Benefits Manager Responsibilities:
- Liaise with payroll provider in order to process the various payrolls (appx 600 employees).
- Ensure that deadlines are met in order for employees to be paid accurately and on time in accordance with statutory legislation and their contracts of employment as well as complying with Internal Audit compliance standards
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on all Payroll team related procedures
- Liaise with Finance to complete monthly payroll reconciliation, ensuring timely and accurate payment of statutory and voluntary payroll deductions to HMRC and other 3rd parties.
- Supported by the Payroll Specialist, manage all UK employee benefits, including salary sacrifice schemes for Pension and Childcare Vouchers, as well as Private Medical Insurance and the Cash Plan, Gym, season ticket loans, and much more.
- Subject matter expert and lead for Gender pay Gap annual reporting.
- Keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and determine the impact of any changes, taking action to implement changes where necessary.
- Ensuring all employees are kept informed of changes which may impact on the organisation or individuals.
- Manage any international secondments, expats & double taxation requirements.
- Collaborate annual payroll and benefit data in order to produce annual employee Total Compensation Statements.
- Responsible for updating, correcting and maintaining employee records
- Liaise with the outsource provider to complete year-end processes and produce P60 and P11D returns.
- Manage relationships with third party providers, including BDO, brokers etc.
- Coach and develop the Payroll Specialist
- Identify and implement continuous improvement across payroll and benefits
Payroll and Benefits Manager Requirements:
- Vast experience within a payroll function, knowledgeable in regional and local payroll functions such as tax regulations, pension schemes, reimbursement policies and HR Experience of UK, International and Ex Pat Modified payrolls is required
- Detailed knowledge of Benefit schemes and implementation
- Sage Payroll with end to end Payroll processing experience including Sage report writing
- Experience of equity based compensation and processing through Payroll
- Experience of benefits processing and an appreciation of how benefit changes affect payroll and taxation
- Results driven, metric focused, rigorous delivery against commitments, high standards
- Leadership characteristics, able to lead, motivate, coach, and develop capability in others
- Experience with payroll compliance and reporting requirements in different countries
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work under time constraints
- Ability to analyse and resolve payroll issues
- Possess excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills across all levels
- Strong financial aptitude and ability to analyse large data files
Whats on offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- On site parking
- Market leading benefit and bonus package
- Opportunity to play a key operational role across the UK
- Lead continuous development and process improvement across the UK function