About the Firm
The Deloitte in Trinidad team is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Risk Advisory to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 80 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrow’s agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
About the role
An Audit Senior will have the opportunity to provide audit, accounting and related advisory services to our clients in various industry sectors. The incumbent will act as a lead member of an engagement team and be responsible for performing all aspects of the engagement across Trinidad, Barbados and Eastern Caribbean, including planning, fieldwork, research on audit and accounting issues, reviewing financial statements and disclosures, coordinating and clearing all levels of review. The incumbent will either work independently on smaller engagements or manage a small team of associates on larger engagements. Responsibilities for the senior will vary depending upon the scope and nature of the engagement.
- Responsible for management of project plans and of the full engagement cycle including planning, fieldwork (as required), research on audit and accounting issues, review of financial statements and disclosures, coordinating and driving all levels of review and taking ownership of close down procedures.
- Responsible for formulating reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs.
- Ensure quality in delivering client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork and testing, reporting directly to Managers and
- Partners on engagement status and managing performance of Associates.
- Use an understanding of audit and risk advisory issues and stakeholder needs to address complex issues.
- Start to become an expert in risk assessments and audit responses.
- Be accountable for meeting engagement deadlines and tracking progress against budget allocation; Update engagement manager as soon as possible if overruns are anticipated.
- Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology.
- Conduct risk and business cycle analysis of clients' business to develop appropriate audit plans to address identified risks and to ensure accurate reporting.
- Manage the client relationship on a daily basis and cultivate relationships by sharing relevant knowledge.
- Apply technical knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS or relevant Local or International Accounting Standards to enable effective completion of audit engagements.
- Supervise multiple concurrent engagements and direct the preparation and completion of reports, accounts and financial statements.
- Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work, assuming responsibility for advanced components of engagements and being accountable for their own deliverables as well as supervising and reviewing the work of Associates.
- Be involved in the process of providing advice and assistance to clients on issues relating to accounting, taxation (if applicable), internal controls, and regulatory and financial reporting.
- Supervise financial reporting, filing and compliance assurance engagements for clients as required.
- Mentor Associates by coaching and assisting them in the management of all aspects of their work and through on-the-job and in-house training courses as appropriate.
- Recognize and communicate opportunities to sell additional services to the client.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Seniors across our organization will:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life.
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities.
- Bachelor degree or above with strong academic credentials (minimum GPA of 3.2) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business.
- Management or related disciplines required.
- Internationally recognized professional accounting qualification complete or near completion: ACCA, CPA, CA, ACA or other designation as accepted by the local accounting institute.
- 2 to 3 years audit experience with a Public practice firm required.
- Strong in-charge or senior experience required.
- Experience in the relevant industry is considered an asset
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte CBC is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, one of the world’s leading professional services firms in audit, tax, financial advisory and consulting. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 210,000 professionals are committed to making an impact that matters.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.