Financial Advisory Senior Manager, Forensic Accounting
About the Firm
The Deloitte in Trinidad team is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Risk Advisory to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 80 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrow’s agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
About the Role
A Senior Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of key clients on a day to day basis with a focus on high quality delivery and developing the team’s capabilities. The incumbent will be expected to have advanced knowledge in forensic and dispute services and to play an active role in business development activities and management of the Financial Advisory practice.
- Manage and direct multi-jurisdictional engagements in the areas of forensic services and dispute resolution, fraud investigations and litigation support, including the coordination of attorneys and other professionals and experts in an efficient manner.
- Lead and deliver multiple engagements to involve planning, budgeting, WIP management, management of the team, allocation of resources, reviewing reports and reporting/delivery.
- Coordinate the activities of local professionals within our network of international offices to ensure the successful delivery of high quality services to a diverse range of clients.
- Review accounting and business records and provide detailed analysis to help uncover essential facts and insights to help clients understand and analyze the issues.
- Provide innovative solutions to clients’ complex legal problems by using forensic accounting and investigative skills together with forensic technology.
- Assist legal counsel with challenging financial and economic issues in complex litigation and other business dispute cases as well as providing financial insight and clarity to counsel during the various stages of a business dispute, from case theory development and discovery to expert witness testimony.
- Possess an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills sufficient to resolve most technical issues and complete complex activities.
- Lead client presentations and meetings.
- Be seen as a trusted business advisor to senior client stakeholders maintaining and developing relationships with existing clients, as well as, identify and actively pursue new business opportunities.
- Have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them.
- Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability.
- Be responsible for the development and motivation of the team by providing them with leadership, counselling and career guidance – act as a role model to help them realize their highest potential.
- Achieve expertise in a given industry/service line to enhance the incumbent’s reputation in the marketplace, keeping up to date on industry/sector trends and leading practices.
- Drive practice growth and business development (proposal writing, events, public speaking, article writing, targeted marketing initiatives, account plans).
- Play a key role in managing the practice to include budgeting, profitability, strategy, developing capabilities, recruitment, training, competitor analysis and managing quality and risk.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers across our organization will:
- Act as a role model and inspire others to embrace and live our purpose and values.
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline; create a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
- Create opportunities to drive impact; anticipate client needs and deliver superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
- Build deep relationships across a diverse network and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact.
- Apply deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish a strong leadership brand and inspire followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or above with strong academic credentials in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Management or related disciplines.
- Qualified in a relevant professional designation; ACCA, CA, ACA, CPA or CFE.
- 7+ years relevant experience in public practice firm providing fraud, forensic and litigation support services, preferably in the context of the relevant industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a managerial capacity.
- Experience providing litigation support services for complex and multi-jurisdictional litigation, asset recovery project experience and experience selling and delivering financial advisory services
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 210,000 professionals are committed to making an impact that matters.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.