Assistant Finance Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible and manage the accounting records and month end close process ensuring timely production of monthly Financial and Management Accounts in accordance with statutory regulatory requirements and applicable with the Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS).
- Responsible and manage the preparation of all necessary audit schedules in a timely manner as well as performing financial analysis, preparation and coordination of annual budget and forecast, preparation of group return and any other ad hoc reports needed.
- Exposure in preparation of Group Consolidation would be a plus point.
- Maintain close liaison with both internal and other statutory parties (i.e. external auditors, tax agent, solicitors, bankers, Company secretary and other professional and regulatory bodies).
- Take initiative in constantly keeping abreast of development of the Financial Reporting Standards (FRS), its impact on the preparation of the statutory reports and the changes in other relevant legislation (i.e. Company Acts and Tax).
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments and responsibilities to be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy recognized by Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), or professional qualification in ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MIA or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years relevant accounting experience, preferably in the retail industry or with audit experience in established accounting firm.
- A good team player and able to lead a sizeable team and to be hands-on.
- Meticulous, proactive and committed to perform well and grow with the Company.
- High integrity, independent, mature and capable to excel in a fast pace environment.
- Strong working knowledge of all accounting, consolidated accounts and corporate matters.
- Strong technical skills and good understanding of FRS
- Critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and work with flexibility in a team, adapt and persevere to meet tight deadlines.
- Possess good working knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office (in particular Microsoft Excel), ERP system.