Senior Regulatory Analyst - Regulatory Reporting Development team
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Regulatory Reporting Controls & Operations (RRCO) team are responsible for reporting information to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors, as well as regular interactions with other key stakeholders including Group Treasury, Risk Strategy Analysis & Reporting and business partners across the Group.
The RRCO function has expanded rapidly in recent years and offers individuals the opportunity to develop their career and increase their profile within the Group. The RRCO function is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of prudential and statistical regulatory reports, for multiple licensed entities, to multiple Regulators in a controlled, timely and efficient manner, as well as the delivery of non-routine /ad-hoc regulatory requests and the development of new regulatory reporting requirements. RRCO operates in a regulated environment which demands the highest of standards.
Purpose of the Role
An exciting opportunity to join the Regulatory Reporting Development team, a sub team within RRCO, who are responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial information for new or non-scheduled requests from supervisors and other governing bodies (e.g. CBI, ECB, EBA).
The team is also responsible for a number of high profile deliveries to the market for example: Pillar 3 as well as the delivery of complex regulatory returns involving significant data analysis and aggregation.
- Delivery of high quality regulatory information to the appropriate regulatory bodies (Central Bank of Ireland, EBA etc.)
- Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions.
- Ensuring all regulatory reports has been reviewed, and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Contribute to a high performing team that is rising to the challenge of an ever changing regulatory environment.
Relevant academic qualification or have extensive experience gained through wide exposure to financial practices within a relevant business environment
Essential Skills & Experience
- Understanding/experience in the use of analytical tools ( e.g. SAS, VB, SQL);
- Demonstrated experience of delivering to tight deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage a range of competing priorities.
- Good analytical skills and numerically strong.
- Ability to interpret requests from supervisors.
- Demonstrated experience of working well in a team.
- Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act in following instructions and act independently when appropriate.
- Ability to deliver change and improve current processes.
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jul 08, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.