The Credit Underwriting Unit is part of Group Operations, and is responsible for the underwriting of credit applications that fall outside scoring for Consumer Lending, Credit Cards and Small Business & Agri, up to Total Group Exposure €500k. This is a key unit within the Group and partners Business Banking, Consumer Banking and Distribution in seeking to add quality assets to the Groups Balance Sheet while respecting capital, and ensuring risk /reward is optimised.
Purpose of the Role:
To facilitate the challenging Business growth agenda, we are looking for a highly motivated and energetic person with strong credit skills to join a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Be Accountable and carry a lending discretion and operate within that discretion, providing thorough analysis and objective assessment of viability of lending propositions
- Support Growing Sustainable profits by assessing lending objectives within the parameters of acceptable credit risk and appropriate balance between credit quality and policy
- Adopt a One Bank one Team approach by building and maintaining strong working relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrate Customer Centric approach by responding to appeals and queries with empathy and professionalism.
- Demonstrate a good level of expertise in verbal and written communication in order to positively engage with Branch lenders
What is the opportunity:
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic person to further develop strong credit analytical, influencing and decisioning skills. It will also help broaden their business acumen and commercial judgment capability providing them with a solid base for further career development.
- Previous Credit Experience in commercial and agri-lending or Consumer Lending Function
- Minimum Level 7 NVQ qualification, QFA or equivalent qualification.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience holding a Lending Discretion or working in a Credit Environment
- Good Knowledge of credit policy, regulatory and administrative procedures
- Demonstrate a good level of expertise in verbal and written communication in order to positively engage with Branch lenders when discussing proposals, negotiating alternatives and conveying decisions/conditions
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrating ability to be Decisive, objective and able to make decisions/recommendations
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills with a proven ability to exercise a high lending discretion and to package marginal proposals within acceptable risk parameters.
- Capacity to challenge positions, influence and add value to proposals.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of financial accounts
- Well organised with good analytical and communication/interpersonal skills, and an ability to work well as part of a successful team
- Energy, flexibility, and total commitment to achieving the units overall objectives
- Customer Focused: Self
- One Group One Team: Self
- Agile: Self
- Accountable: Self
- Manage Risk: Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Jul 08, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.