UNDP, as an integral part of its mission to fight poverty and improve the lives of people around the world, is committed to being open, transparent and accountable. As part of this commitment, UNDP adopted International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), and in 2012 established the Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to provide IPSAS transactional recording, procurement, advisory and support services to UNDP Offices worldwide, and to provide training to UNDP Offices where needed. Since its establishment in 2012, the Centre later grew to become an integral unit (GSSU) of the Office of Operations, Legal and Technology Services (OOLTS) of the Bureau for Management Services. GSSU has also expanded the scope of its service provision to include additional transactional and advisory services.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, GSSU, the Business Analyst, implements the policies and procedures related to CRM tools and other processes within GSSC. Responsible for acting as subject matter expert to service management team, and training new users on CRM tools. Create reports on system performance and communicate system requirements. Provide support on errors and troubleshooting issues in regard to CRM tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Analyst must demonstrate in-depth understanding of assigned commodity and business needs and support in managing procedures, processes and tools.
1. Assist in developing tools support and administration on achieving the following results:
- Support in defining best practices for CRM related processes within service management team;
- Assist in creating user guide online tools utilised throughout GSSC. Act as focal point for issues related to tools;
- Support GSSC in the business process re-engineering activities to leverage IT to improve efficiency and increase productivity and to ensure that business needs drive IT solutions;
- Propose and lead in the development of new systems for high impact results.
- Propose and support the implementation of GSSC annual ICT workplan.
2. Support in the development and dissemination of reports and dashboards focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analyse operations and draft reports to update business systems;
- Communicate KPIs to all relevant stakeholders and provide corporate oversight;
- Communicate continuing changes in business processes related to tools being used, to users within GSSC.
3. Trouble shooting:
- Perform investigation and diagnosis for rapid conflict resolution;
- Provide support on CRM tools incident management and access management;
- Assist in managing all levels of escalation;
- Monitor licensing of tools and communicate to users to ensure access has been granted.
4. Project improvements:
- Support GSSC in identifying opportunities of converting business processes into web-based systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Define and manage the process by which the GSSC will support, identify, evaluate, and prioritize continuous improvement projects;
- Liaise with managers to ensure improvement projects are authorized within budgeting process.
5. Liaising with OIMT/Project Management Team on requirements and training
- Ensure that procedures regarding CRM tools and service management comply with general policies and procedures outlined by IT and with requirements identified by Senior Management;
- Maintain awareness on continual process changes for IT and software use;
- Keep service management team abreast to IT policies and requirements and communicate any changes in a timely manner;
- Capture, synthesize and disseminate lessons learned and best practices to ensure continuing competence in the area of information and process management;
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the digital efficiency gains in all aspects of GSSU’s work, including continuously explore and facilitate GSSU use of cutting-edge, datamining, data management and visualization tools to enhance GSSU’s efficiency.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Ability to evaluate, transform and model data, to derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful manner, undertake and provide analysis of data to assess organization performance and or global trends
- Ability to apply a systematic approach to adapt, control and effect change
- Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Data Management and query
- Knowledge of popular coding and query languages for development of dashboards, data streaming, data management and mining. Ability to apply and adapt systems innovations toward automation objectives.
Service delivery coordination
- Ability to coordinate and deliver services in line with service level agreements and standards of excellence in UNDP
- Ability to ascertain needs, plan, design and execute training
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Accurately accumulating information and its analysis; forecasting potential problems and planning; allowing for alternative, creative solutions and identifying most reasonable solutions
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum a first degree in relevant field of computer science, systems development, data science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in at the national and international levels, in service quality management, operations management, data science, and/or other directly related technical fields is required;
- Previous hands on experience in a process analysis/ process improvement capacity is highly desirable;
- Previous experience of shared services/business support centre is highly desirable;
- Experience with data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a complex multicultural and multinational environment, strongly preferred;
- Prior experience with UNDP/UN is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of another UN language is an asset
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages;
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), preferably with ATLAS (PeopleSoft) is desirable;
- Experience in handling Client Relationship Management (CRM) applications. Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL. Knowledge of scripting and programming skills.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.