An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global financial services firm as an Accounts Assistant. This role will be working in support of the Financial Controller and will involve the initial migration of the US & Aus accounting responsibilities to the London head office. The role offers a great opportunity to take on a broad spectrum of duties, work with a fantastic team and 'put your own stamp' on the role/position.
An international financial services firm who are a pioneer in their field and growing at an impressive rate. They are a non-bank loan-agency, structured finance & corporate trustee market place. This role sits in the ideally located Central London headquarters. You will be working with in a small-medium sized team with a great culture.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- Assisting the migration of overseas accounting functions to the London head office
- Dealing with internal and external customer and supplier queries and providing day to day support for finance related tasks
- Coordinating expenses and purchase invoice approval
- Processing Bank payments and XERO system bank reconciliations
- Preparing supplier statement reconciliations
- Prepare sales ledger invoices
- Credit Control
- Management of the fixed asset register
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts for each geographical area
- Ensuring month end tasks run smoothly including raising journals and preparing accruals and prepayments
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the production of annual budgets and forecasts
- Assist in preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Assistance with year-end procedures and liaising with auditors
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory year end accounts
- Work alongside overseas teams, the FC and FD, delivering financial services to the business
- Completion of ad-hoc duties and providing support to finance operations
Candidate Profile of the Accounts Assistant
- Strong educational background; 2:1 degree educated preferably.
- Studying or about to start CIMA or ACCA accountancy qualification.The client will also consider AAT qualified A-Level leaver who has moved onto to ACCA/CIMA.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping
- Excellent attention to detail
- XERO system knowledge an advantage
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and willing to learn
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to get involved at all levels of the business
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of a growing business
Looking to pay up to £30,000 with a comprehensive benefits package that includes full study support.