A member of the Group Treasury Front Office team supporting the Treasury Manager on: daily cash and liquidity management for the group, management of guarantees, monitoring the group’s FX and interest rate swap position.
- Treasury Back Office team
- Group Finance team
- Company Secretariat
- Group Tax team
- System Providers
Work Level / Grade: WL3/Grade 11
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily cash and liquidity management for the group;
- Intercompany funding and cash repatriation from overseas, including the preparation of documentation;
- Maintaining the group’s foreign exchange position (IAS21) and executing deals as necessary;
- Monitoring the group’s interest rate swaps and executing new swaps when required;
- Dealing with bank counterparties on debt and cash management;
- Responsible for ensuring that acquisitions are integrated from a treasury perspective as directed by the Treasury Manager;
- Preparation and presentation of reports to the Treasury Committee;
- Undertaking the annual WACC analysis and presenting it to management;
- Responsible for change of cash management bank in countries, as directed by the Treasury Manager;
- Responsible for issuance and monitoring, of guarantees under credit lines managed by the group;
- Assisting with system implementation and improvements;
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as required.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (WL3)
The ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organisation and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service. Work Level 3s need to focus on delivering improved performance.
- Demonstrates understanding of what high performance looks like in their area of the business
- Sets challenging goals for self and others
- Seeks feedback from others in order to plan performance improvement to achieve goals
- Appears energised and energises others by exceeding set goals
- Develops clear and realistic targets and plans for self and others, to ensure optimum delivery of specific objectives
- Strives to overcome perceived obstacles
- Challenges established ways of doing things to achieve goals more effectively
The ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focussed decisions. Work Level 3s need to analyse problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
- Uses understanding of trends and patterns in business data to develop business plans, actions or processes
- Researches the competitive environment to identify opportunities and threats
- Uses financial and business information to identify key activities that are linked to high performance
- Reviews the business processes and activities in order to seek improvement
- Makes tough business decisions in light of customer and commercial requirements
Managing emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands. Work Level 3s need to display courage.
- Shows awareness of both positive and negative impact on others and how this affects outcomes
- Adapts behaviour to positively affect outcomes
- Expresses a belief that they and colleagues possess the capability to resolve challenging issues
- Asks for feedback from others and uses this to plan development
- Is resolute in sticking to decisions that are beneficial to the business, even if they are not popular
Coach and Develop
The encouragement of long term development of others to build capability. Work Level 3s need to provide structure and consistent feedback.
- Provides specific positive and balanced feedback for developmental purposes
- Gives negative feedback in behavioural rather than personal terms
- Provide suggestions to others on how to tackle areas for development
- Uses the information from the Performance Development Review to identify strengths and areas for development for others
- Celebrates success
Work With Others
Building relationships and collaborating with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission. Work Level 3s need to involve others.
- Seeks input and opinions from others to help make a specific decision
- Builds and maintains positive relationships in the team by valuing others’ contribution and experience
- Demonstrates willingness to learn from others’ experience and contribution
- Works in partnership with others to achieve individual and team objectives
- Takes initiative to resolve conflict through listening to all parties
The ability to inspire others to achieve Rentokil Initial’s objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance. Work Level 3s need to make the team effective and hold individuals to account.
- Overall, creates the environment that enables the team to perform at its best (e.g engaging others in the vision, providing appropriate structure, getting the right people, keeping up morale)
- Effectively delegates responsibility, providing support as required
- Demands high levels of performance, quality of service, and holds people to account by ensuring targets are met
- Is recognised as the natural ‘go to’ person
- Develops relationships across the teams and inspires others to achieve results
Formal Education and Training:
Essential: is the absolute minimum the job requires
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office Packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel – preferably at expert level)
- Graduate (Bachelor's Degree) - Preferred at 2:1 or above
- Studying for a treasury or finance qualification.
Skills and Experience required:
- Proven ability to effectively communicate. Ability to build both internal and external working relationships. MUST be able to thrive in a complex matrix environment.
- Excellent Written Communication, particularly in developing financial reports. Proficiency in English (including good spelling and grammar)
- Numerate, with some experience of working with numbers in a commercial setting - Preferred at least 18 months of treasury related experience gained in an international business or bank.
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Creative problem solving
- Attention to detail.