A brilliant opportunity for a progressive finance professional to play a central role for this leading manufacturing and production business, based north of Royston. As Assistant Accountant you will play a varied role with responsibility over the management accounts and wider month-end processes. Beyond this there will also be opportunities to get involved in the year end process, working closely with the Head of Finance.
This leading manufacturing and production business have seen continued year on year growth which has created the need for an Assistant Accountant to support the business. Located between Royston and Duxford you will be joining a progressive business which is a rewarding opportunity for an equally progressive candidate.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the timely and accurate production of the monthly management accounts.
- Preparation and review of the trial balance
- Accurate computation of the accruals, prepayments and depreciation charge.
- Ensure the reconciliation of stock, debtors & creditor control accounts in the balance sheet.
- Assist with the processing of the payroll journal and reconciling the related control accounts in the balance sheet.
- Assisting with the Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Assisting the Head of Finance with quarter and year end processes
- Preparing the supplier payment run
- Identifying and allocating online receipts and receipts received from branches
- Stock control and reconciliation
The successful candidate for the Assistant Accountant will be:
- Interested or an early studier in (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing and production environment would be advantageous
- Computer literate with exceptional proficiency in MS Excel
- Previous use of NetSuite would be advantageous
- Great interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach and strong time management skills
- Generally confident, highly approachable and a trustworthy reliable team player
The successful candidate for the Assistant Accountant will be joining a progressive and ambitious business in the Royston area. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary alongside a study support package.