Accounts Assistant - 25k
This Accounts Assistant - 25k role, is a temporary to permanent position. This means that the candidate will start on an hourly rate and after a few months be offered a permanent position.
The candidate must be on a two week notice period or less.
This Accounts Assistant - 25k vacancy, is for a law firm in central London. They are looking for a switched on, down to earth candidate to join their small finance team.
The key responsibilities for this accountancy vacancy are:
- Purchase ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Sales ledger
- Accruals and prepayments
- Raising invoices
- Provide monthly reports for "income" on fees and members contributions charged
- Monthly reports to members on aged debt and receipts
- Deal with Inland Revenue and Customs & Excise
- Reconciliation of aged debt (members), balance sheet, suppliers and creditors on a monthly basis
- Liaison with members' accountants regarding necessary financial reporting for their annual accounts
- Data input in respect of invoices/contributions including recharges
- Raise/despatch supplier cheques
- Monitor and improve financial procedures
- Responsibility for the active pursuit of the principles of equal opportunities/diversity in all aspects of the role.
- Exposure to management accounts
- Exposure to profit and loss analysis
- Exposure to VAT returns
The successful candidate for this accountancy role, based in central London will have an AAT qualification, and at least 2 years experience in accountancy. If the candidate has experience within a Legal practise then this will be desirable.
The candidate will need to have a flexible approach and able to work in a team environment.
This Accounts Assistant - 25k, based in central London will offer the candidate a temporary to permanent opportunity working within a top Law firm. This will give the perfect candidate the opportunity to progress and develop key skills.