Accounts Payable Clerk
This is a great opportunity for someone with a small amount of finance experience to work in a busy environment and hone their skills in a transactional finance role.
You will communicate both internally and externally, via phone and email, to ensure the smooth running of the Accounts Payable process.
My client is a national business, with a major office in Central Bristol.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to;
- Opening the post and distributing to relevant team members, ensuring all invoices are addressed correctly
- Monitor and control the central mailbox by forwarding emails to the relevant colleagues and printing off new invoices for distribution
- Updating central tracker spreadsheets for reference
- Assisting in the set-up of new suppliers and amending supplier details where applicable on company databases
- Preparing outgoing post by sorting, counting and recording all invoices sent to external scanning company
- Printing, sorting and filing BACS reports
- Processing remittance requests
- Ad-Hoc Office administration duties
- Any other duties to maintain the smooth running of the Accounts Payable Department, as defined by the Accounts Payable Manager
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Particular attention to detail
- Strong experience of applying a high level of numeracy skills
- A desire to develop a career working within accounts
- Strong IT and software skills, particularly in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel (Vlookups & pivot tables)
- A strong ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
In return, our client can offer an hourly rate equivalent to salaries of between £18,000 & £22,000, depending on your level of qualification and experience.