Associate Finance Manager - Belvidere, IL
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
General Mills is seeking an Associate Finance Manager at our manufacturing plant in Belvidere, IL. As the leader of the Finance team at a Plant site, the selected candidate will support a strong fiduciary environment, analyze metrics and reporting, provide business insights, lead a team to achieve plant goals, and partner with plant operations to support business results and the plant mission.??This could be your opportunity to take a role that requires a high level of skill and expertise, and allows you to develop and take on higher levels of responsibility.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide financial leadership for and preparation of annual budget and periodic revised forecasts;
- Prepare monthly and interim financial reporting and analysis;
- Perform monthly financial closing tasks including journal entry and balance sheet reconciliation reviews;
- Provide financial support and analysis to the Snacks and Convenience and Foodservice Operating Units in development of strategic initiatives, new product costing, productivity initiatives and other special projects;
- Ensure accurate product costing through auditing and maintenance of Bills of Materials and Product Routings;
- Ensure effective financial internal controls and SOX compliance are in place and properly executed;
- Engage in cross–functional leadership opportunities that support the plant's master plan;
- Learn and apply Zero Loss Culture and Continuous Improvement principles to all functional and plant processes.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, MBA or Master's degree preferred
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing plant