Internal Audit Manager
Identify control gaps in the processes and recommend practical, appropriate and cost effective methods to reduce exposures identified and increase effectiveness.
Develop a communication methodology to ensure the control issues (design and operating deficiencies) are addressed with the process owners efficiently and effectively.
A market leading hotel group, with 400,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver true hospitality.
- Main responsibility is to perform testing of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls across a number of different processes. These could include, but not limited to, Group and Regional Financial Reporting, Treasury, HRSS and Insurance.
- Testing controls at owned & leased hotels.
- Testing IT General Controls on related and relevant applications.
- Identify control gaps in the processes and recommend practical, appropriate and cost effective methods to reduce exposures identified and increase effectiveness.
- Develop a communication methodology to ensure the control issues (design and operating deficiencies) are addressed with the process owners efficiently and effectively.
- Testing of group and regional Entity Level Controls.
- Undertake the process of SOX compliance for the Company processes including delivery of testing processes in line with the Global plan agreed by the Director Global Financial Governance.
- Assist in documentation of results and conclusions as required for SOX including working on remediation with the control owners.
- Define, implement and monitor standards and policies to ensure adherence to SOX requirements to minimize liability and risk.
- Direct process to ensure proper controls are in place for the team and direct efforts to ensure team productivity is measured, scored and communicated according to standards. Oversee resolution of discrepancies and advanced systems issues.
- Maintain appropriate records suitable for research and internal or external audit in accordance with audit requirements.
Required Skills :
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices is imperative - SOX and IFRS experience is desirable but not mandatory
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working alongside a global team.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organising, planning and executing small to mid-scale projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recognizing and resolving problems or inconsistencies in transactions and systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of Peoplesoft (preferred) and Microsoft office
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Major accounting qualification preferred (ACA, CIMA, CPA, CMA, and CHAE)
- 5-7 years progressive work related experience in accounting and finance with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position
Competitive package and benefits.
Excellent future progression opportunities
If you would like further information please call:
Louise O'Donoghue on 01216346920 or 07855065480