Interim Financial Analyst
Supporting the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with robust data and scenario modelling, providing valuable insight and commentary to further the aims of the agency.
A non-departmental government body
* Production of Annual budget and provision of financial input to the Agency's Annual Plan process, including supporting the Head of Financial Planning in order to secure appropriate funding from BEIS
* Undertake cost allocation activities including reviewing and recommending different allocation methodologies where appropriate
* Provide support and advice in relation to the Agency's target of operational break-even
* Support the Head of Financial Planning in the production of mid-term and long-term forecasts and strategic business plan (2-5 years), including development of base data information of high integrity which can be used for scenario-based modelling.
* Undertake activities to develop, streamline, automate and enhance modelling and forecast processes within Financial Planning to improve the accuracy and reliability of forecasts
* Support the Head of Financial Planning in the development of unit costs for the Agency's products & services
* Assist with the future year elements of the BEIS quarterly review of the Agency's financial performance
* Work closely and collaborate with other finance teams to provide support and high quality inputs
* Develop collaborative working relationships with other functions to ensure high-quality inputs to key planning elements, which includes assisting the HR function to develop robust workforce plans
* Provide support and advice on all financial planning matters to the Head of Financial Planning, Director of Finance and other members of the Senior Management Team
* Assisting with Ad Hoc and project work across the wider team - as required
You will be a fully qualified accountant, (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) with experience of manipulating and interpreting master data, to provide clear commentary and insight. Ideally, you will have public sector experience, though this is not essential, provided you can demonstrate a track record of delivering in a matrix structure.
This role will see you as a key part of a high performance team, which is well established and performing above expecation, so you will be able to, and have done previously, fit into a team and develop strong working relationships.
Great location, excellent day rate, fantastic line manager.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is considered INSIDE scope for IR35