Associate, Financial Services Law - Sydney
- Lawyers with PQE 2-5 years
- Opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility early in your career
- Take control of your learning with our personalised L&D platform
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
We are looking for an Associate Lawyer, with two to four years relevant experience, within the Financial Services Law team in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- Contract drafting
- Interpreting and analysing legislation and ASIC guidance
- Engaged in the development of new financial services businesses, new financial products and advise on the constantly changing regulatory issues affecting the sector
- Structure new financial products and advise on regulatory and licensing compliance
- Superannuation, licensing and managed investment scheme
- Building strong relationships with external clients and internal stakeholders across EY
- Develop your career by receiving excellent mentoring from highly experienced lawyers
Skills and attributes for success
- Two to five years post qualification experience
- Financial service and corporate law experience with a passion for the financial service sector
- Demonstrate strong technical and drafting skills
- Excellent client facing skills and strong commercial acumen
- Experience in working as part of a team, with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication skills and keen attention to detail
Ideally, you'll also have
- Natural relationship building and inter-personal skills
- A positive approach and a can do attitude
Who are FSO?
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with the FSO Law team can take you!
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.