Resource Coordinator - Perth
- Variety of work and career development opportunities
- Take control of your learning with our personalised L&D platform
- Supportive mentoring and on-boarding programs to help set you up for success
We are looking for a Resource Coordinator within the Assurance team in our Perth office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
The Resource Coordinator is responsible for working closely with key internal stakeholders to address resource needs for our Assurance Practice. Working as part of a broader national team, you will be responsible for applying consistent resource planning across a range of engagements for the Perth practice and will work closely with the business to ensure all staffing needs are met.
Primary areas of responsibility include the allocation of staff resources, resolving booking conflicts, and monitoring availability and staffing requirements through the firm's Resource Management System (Retain). You will also contribute to the national resource team, working with other Resource Coordinators across the region to share information, ideas and workloads, and to apply best practice resource planning across the business.
Your key responsibilities
- Monitor and process staff scheduling requests made by engagement personnel
- Analyse and challenge resourcing requests against key engagement metrics to ensure the appropriate allocation of resources
- Identify and monitor resource availability and conflicts
- Prepare relevant resourcing reports and analyse for inconsistencies, for example: chargeability, utilisation and leave reporting
- Provide education to client servicing personnel around the resourcing process
- Identify and implement improvements in practices, processes and reporting
- Perform other related duties as required
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Experience working closely with large groups of people in a professional service-oriented environment (workforce planning or previous resource planning is advantageous, but not essential)
- Experience in information/data analysis
- A key interest in resource management and driving best practices
- An understanding of the basic financial drivers and key KPI's of a professional services firm - particularly around production and utilisation or a proven aptitude to learn in this area
- Confident communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in information/data analysis with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise workload
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within the business and operational market
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiating skills in order to balance individual and business needs
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a 'can do' approach to the position and ability to work autonomously
Who are Assurance?
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/au/aboutassurance
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.